Group walks are small (4-6 owner/ dog team) that will meet weekly in different Kirkland/Bellevue remote areas AFTER Private Lessons have been completed. These walks will help strengthen both you and your dog's real life public skills, manners and obedience.
DOES NW DOG PROS OFFER GROUP WALKS W/O LESSONS?
No. The reason is that I need the owners and the dogs to have basic skills, understand body language and have a solid level of distraction control before introducing to a high stressful environment. It is not fair to dogs having to concentrate on the owners on new skills around other dogs and the owner trying to train and pay attention to the trainer.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN GROUP WALKS?
- Expand skill sets after private lessons.
- Learn socialization around behaved dogs.
- Use verbal & hand signals for emergencies.
- Public etiquette for other people & dogs.
- Proper training equipment skills.
- Learn body language and cues.
- Certificate of Completion after all is done!
WHERE WILL GROUP WALKS BE HELD?
Group walks are very benefical to both the dogs and owners keeping a constant motion for the brain & body, so these walks will be held in the remote Kirkland areas on spread out trails that are easy, mainly flat and easy to access.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING DURING WALKS?
It is important to always hope for the best, prepare for the worse. Having a small backpack or fanny-pack is idea solely designated for training (think of a baby bag), so you can leave it in your car or by the house door.
- Training equipment on the dog prepared.
- Poop bags
- Walking/gym/hiking shoes (NO SANDALS!)
- Water bowl & water
- Snacks/ dog treats
- Extra leash
- Dog's name/ ID/ Rabies tag on the dog
- Pepper spray (small barrel)
- Emergency kit (Google or Youtube on DIY)
- Copy of vaccine & negative fecal test
- Completed Private Lesson Program